I am currently a Research Fellow in AI-human Teams for Cybersecurity within the School of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne. Prior to this role, I held the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at The University of Western Australia from 2021 to 2023. My primary area of expertise centers around robust learning and estimation, encompassing experience in a variety of projects, including but not limited to developing Visual Positioning Systems, Small Object Detectors, Suicide Prediction Models, and Diffusion Models.
Furthermore, I have enriched my research background through my roles as a Visiting Researcher at Wellcome Centre for Integrative Neuroimaging, University of Oxford, where I contributed to brain comparative analysis model for multiple species, and as a Visiting Researcher at the School of Mathematics and Statistics at The University of Melbourne, where I was involved in developing Statistical Signal Processing techniques.
I received my PhD from The University of Melbourne, EEE departmet where my research focused on the application of robust signal and image processing techniques in the realm of brain activity detection (Thesis) under the supervision of Prof. Robin J. Evans and A/Prof. Karim Seghouane. Notable achievements during my doctoral studies include the development of innovative signal processing methods for Canonical Correlation Analysis (CCA), Robust Detectors, Sparse Dictionary Learning (SDL), and Subspace Tracking Systems. I received my MSc and BSc degrees from Amirkabir University of Technology and KN Toosi University of Technology both in electrical and electronic engineering.
Image Processing, Deep Learning, Robust Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Medical Imaging, and Biomedical Data Analysis.
- 10/2023: I have been appointed as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow working with “CATCH” centre at CIS School, The University of Melbourne.
- 9/2023: Our survey paper on transformers in small object detection is now online. (Link)
- 8/2023: Our paper on Bayesian Pose Estimation has been accepted in IEEE RA-L. (Link)
- 6/2023: Our paper on Subspace Tracking Systems has been accepted in IEEE TSP. (Link)
- 6/2023: Our paper on Robust Block-Structured Dictionary Learning (RBDL) has been accepted in Pattern Recognition Letters. (Link)
- 4/2023: Our paper on pose estimation has been accepted in Pattern Recognition. (Link)
- 3/2023: I have been appointed as a Visiting Researcher working with Prof. Saad Jbabdi at Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Medical School Devision, University of Oxford.
- 2/2023: Two accepted papers for presentation at ICASSP 2023. (Link1) (Link2)
- 1/2023: Our grant proposal: “Analytics for the Australian Grains Industry (AAGI)” is successfully accepted for Associate Partnership level.
- 12/2022: We have discussed recent advances in small object detection in our workshop held in conjunction with ACCV2022. (Link)
- 3/2022: I have been appointed as the visiting scholar working with A/Prof. Karim Seghouane at School of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Melburne.